On the dark great sea

"In the haunted house of life, art is the only stair that doesn't creak."

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Strange As You Are

01. California - The Rentals
02. Crown of Love - Arcade Fire
03. No Children - The Mountain Goats
04. Most of the Time - Bob Dylan
05. These Days - Mates of State
06. I Will Go Sailing No More - Randy Newman
07. Blistered Heart - Badly Drawn Boy
08. Happy When It Rains - The Jesus and Mary Chain
09. Snowball In Hell - They Might Be Giants
10. Lazy Flies - Beck
11. Someday - The Strokes
12. Alright - Supergrass
13. When the Cows Come Home - Blur
14. My Brilliant Feat - Colin Hay
15. Moment in the Sun - Clem Snide
16. True Love Will Find You in the End - Daniel Johnston
17. Souljacker, Pt. II - Eels
18. Here We Go - Jon Brion

2 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger The Little Black Duck said...

    I downloaded "Here We Go" with a whole bunch of Jon Brion songs last year while I was in Columbia, but I guess I gravitated to "Ruin My Day" so much I ignored the others. Finally listened to "Here We Go" after seeing it here, and I have to say, while it hasn't eclipsed "Ruin My Day" as my favorite Brion song, it's a damn close second.

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger CSP said...

    Oh man, it's great. I actually built this whole mix around that one song. I'd been meaning to do it anyway, but when I found that a few weeks back, it changed my focus some. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed any one song that much. Just the opening lines alone:

    "You gotta hope that there's someone for you/Strange as you are/Who can cope with the things that you do/Without trying too hard."

    GOD, that kicks ass. I love Jon Brion.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home