So much for Plan Anything
At some point in my past-- largely as a gesture of self-deprecation, I think-- I decided that my personal motto was "So much for Plan A". Which is really more of a catchphrase than a motto, but there you go. And this was, naturally, my way of trying to take away whatever I could from the fact that nothing ever works out like I plan it. But really, why the hell should it? Planning things out (assuming you have the luxury of doing so) might be a good way of getting things done, but it's a horrible way to live.
All the happiest times and greatest successes in my life have come from diving in headfirst and hoping for the best. I never know exactly what I want, anyway. I just wander around with a vague notion of what I'd like to achieve from all this (whatever "all this" happens to be at a given moment). The details I tend to make up as I go along.
I'm 23 years old, for Christ's sake. I'm only going to be this young once. I might as well enjoy it.
I'll hold onto my goals like always, but I think it might be worth my time to put actual planning aside for a while. I'm better at improv, anyway.
At some point in my past-- largely as a gesture of self-deprecation, I think-- I decided that my personal motto was "So much for Plan A". Which is really more of a catchphrase than a motto, but there you go. And this was, naturally, my way of trying to take away whatever I could from the fact that nothing ever works out like I plan it. But really, why the hell should it? Planning things out (assuming you have the luxury of doing so) might be a good way of getting things done, but it's a horrible way to live.
All the happiest times and greatest successes in my life have come from diving in headfirst and hoping for the best. I never know exactly what I want, anyway. I just wander around with a vague notion of what I'd like to achieve from all this (whatever "all this" happens to be at a given moment). The details I tend to make up as I go along.
I'm 23 years old, for Christ's sake. I'm only going to be this young once. I might as well enjoy it.
I'll hold onto my goals like always, but I think it might be worth my time to put actual planning aside for a while. I'm better at improv, anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home