The Cost, No Man Can Say
When someone asked me, what is your favorite scene, your favorite passage in any movie ever made, I didn't know how to answer. But if I had thought it through quickly enough, this is the one I would have shared with them:
Charles Foster Kane: You know, Mr. Bernstein, if I hadn't been very rich, I might have been a really great man.
Mr. Thatcher: Don't you think you are?
Charles Foster Kane: I think I did pretty well under the circumstances.
Mr. Thatcher: What would you like to have been?
Charles Foster Kane: Everything you hate.
When someone asked me, what is your favorite scene, your favorite passage in any movie ever made, I didn't know how to answer. But if I had thought it through quickly enough, this is the one I would have shared with them:
Charles Foster Kane: You know, Mr. Bernstein, if I hadn't been very rich, I might have been a really great man.
Mr. Thatcher: Don't you think you are?
Charles Foster Kane: I think I did pretty well under the circumstances.
Mr. Thatcher: What would you like to have been?
Charles Foster Kane: Everything you hate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home